Process water is used for medical, pharmacological, chemical, and industrial applications. Clean and potable water undergoes the filtration process to reduce suspended particles, parasites, bacteria, algae, viruses, fungi, chemical, and biological contaminants to produce safe, clean water.
The filtration of water saves energy by removing suspended solids from cooling water to prevent the fouling of heat transfer surfaces. High-efficiency filtration can provide dramatic energy savings. Ultimately, the cleaner the water, the more efficient and environmentally friendly the operation.
The filtering of bacteria from tower water limits microbiological growth creating a healthier environment, particularly with cooling tower systems located near building air intakes. Lower bacteria levels minimize the biofouling “glue” that holds energy-wasting deposition to heat transfer surfaces.
Lengthen Equipment Life
The filtering of process water lengthens equipment life by decreasing corrosion rates throughout the cooling system. Chemical inhibitors form a more complete protective film on clean metal surfaces, while under-deposit corrosion is minimized. Microbiologically influenced corrosion is much easier to control with clean cooling water.
Unscheduled downtime can be extremely costly and uses excess water and chemicals when draining systems for cleaning. Maintaining clean recirculating water can reduce maintenance, heat exchanger, and tower sump cleaning costs. The large surface area of film fill improves tower efficiency but demands high-efficiency filtration to prevent suspended solids fouling.
The Diamond Water System offers high-efficiency, highly-effective filtration systems that rely upon technology and innovation to clean water down to the nominal 0.25 micron. Since 1989, Diamond Water Systems has incorporated high-quality components and superior craftsmanship to yield a rugged, reliable, and long-lasting product. Features include:
- The use of sand to rid your cooling water of contaminants to 0.5 microns.
- The compact design saves space.
- Systems can be custom designed to suit customers’ specific needs, including a range of available piping materials, system layout configuration, and integrated controls configuration with a particular building management system.
- The 316 stainless steel (not plastic) bottom distributor with a V-Notch design prevents filter media from entering the cooling loop.
- Our Factory-trained service technicians and parts department are available for maintenance, repair, start-up, or system refurbishing and replacement, ensuring limited equipment downtime.
- Increases product quality.
Diamond Water Systems is a leading provider of water filtration systems for industrial, municipal, and commercial applications. To learn more about our products and services, visit our products page or call us now for a consultation on your cooling tower system.